Vista Cleanup may corrupt OS

閱讀完《Vista Cleanup May Corrupt OS And Prevent Boot 》這篇文章﹐令我好擔心添!

因為我經常豪不節制地用 CCleaner 去 Cleanup 個 HDD﹐不過我好像沒有用過 Vista 內置的 Cleanup﹐但我一直都認為「原裝」的比較 Stable﹐Well! 原來未必的。

作者用 Setup disc copy 返個 corrupt 的 File 落 HDD﹐換來了 BSOD...Orz...最後的解決方法是「reinstall」...God!!


From there I followed the advice on How to fix your Hard Drive When Vista Won't Boot and found a couple of variations of my intelide.sys file in my DriverStore. I dutifully copied each one to my /system32/drivers folder but in each case I was either left with the original behavior or Windows would start to boot and then Blue Screen Of Death on me.

However, I was able to access the whole disk (no hardware failure - just Vista stupidity) as well as connected USB drives. So for the last 12 hours or so I've been using robocopy to back up the machine just to be sure (I have a backup from not too long ago as well but I don't like the possibility of losing stuff forever), and then I'll spend the next 2 days or so reinstalling Windows and my plethora of applications. This would be quicker except robocopy keeps getting confused and going down infinite folder trees like /AppData/AppData/AppData... and finding Access Denied on certain files.

Blogger 提供.